Samidi Syabudin, B.Sc Eng, MBA, PMP
Extensive practical experienced, around 15 years in various industries in UAE,Qatar dan Indonesia. Senior Procurement Specialist with integrated functional skills in engineering, management skills in Oil and Gas Business and Professional Project Management, Commercial Contract management. Procurement Experiences included :
- 8+ years supporting Dowstream Oil & Gas Companies Plant operations and maintenance (i.e Polymers, Fertiliser,Ammonia, and Melamine productions)
- 2+ years assigned to support Boruge Plant 2 & 3 Expansion Project and 1+ year assigned to support QAFCO Plant Project expansion.
- 4+ years working in Engineering Procurement Construction & Turnaround Projects
- 3+years working in shipping tanker operations.
Have passion in project consultation and procurement training and ssophisticated computer user.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- MBA Oil and Gas Management from Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University (RGU), 2015.
- Bachelor in Marine Engineering from ITS Surabaya,1999.
- PMP Certified from Project Management Institute, USA (2012), Certificate valid till 2018
- Certified Commercial Contract Management from IACCM, USA (2011). Certificate valid all years.
- Certified Indonesian Government Oil & Gas Procurement (PTK 007 Revision .3) from PPMPI, Bandung Indonesia, November 2015.
- CSCP (APICS) training, Contractual Risk training, Purchasing Training, in various years from GLOMACS Dubai.
March 2016- Present |Professional Consultant and Trainer
Working freelance as Professional Trainer and Consultant of Supply Chain Management, Procurement Management, Project Management and Oil & Gas Management for several consultancy and training companies in Jakarta and to government organization.
The following are the list of Trainings and Consultancy Projects Portfolio that I have delivered public / companies/organisation :
- 27th -28th Dec, In House Training Project Risk Management (based on ISO 31000 & PM methodologies), PT.Semen Indonesia, Tuban Plant, Jawa Timur
- 28th -30th Nov, In House Training Fundamental of Project Management (based on PMI), PT.Pertamina Marketing & Operations Region VII, Ujung Pandang.
- 22nd -24th Nov, Training of Owner Estimate in Oil and Gas Company, PT.Pertamina Exploration and Production, Asset 3 , Field Subang dan Field Jatibarang.
- 03rd – 4th Oct,2016, In House Training of Project Management in Shipbuilding Industry, IMAREST, ITS Chapter,Surabaya.
- 18th –19th Oct, 2016, In House Training of Corporate Finance in Oil and Gas Industry for PT.Titis Sampurna, Jakarta.
- 07th Oct,2016 Public Training, Supply Chain Management, according to ITC Module, IAPI,Jakarta
- 26th – 27th Sept,2016, In House Training of Owner Cost Estimate for PT.Semen Indonesia, Tuban Plant.
- May 2015 to August,2016 : Consultancy Project Procurement Modules Development for Indonesian National Public Procurement Agency (LKPP).
- 15th -16th Aug,2016, In House Training Owner Estimate from Accounting & Finance Perspective, for Timor Leste Ministry of Tourism.
- 09th -10th Aug,2016, In House Training Finance and Accounting for Government, for Timor Leste Ministry of Tourism.
- 3rd – 5th Aug,2016 Public Training for Project Cost Estimation and Cost Control, delivered to public audience at Sofyan Inn Hotel.
- 02nd Aug 2016, In House Training for Inventory Management, Based on ITC, delivered to Ministry of Finance Staff.
- 28th July 2016, In House Training of Procurement Monitoring and Controlling, Based on ITC, delivered to Ministry of Finance Staff
- 9th to 10th June,2016 : In House Training of Project Management Essential and EPC Contract for PT.Indonesia Power
- 30th to 31st May 2016 : In House Training of Owner Estimate at PERTAMINA Corporate University for PERTAMINA Shipping
- Feb 2015 to May 2015 : Consultancy Project “Market Entry Strategy for entering the North America Market”, client M/s.Camtech Valve Engineering , Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- March , 2015 : Visited Lecturer for Oil and Gas Management at Institute Technology Sepuluh Nopember
- 18th -19th Feb,2013 : Moderators for “Supply Chain & Procurement Leader Forum”, organized by Marcus Evans.
May 2010-Aug 2015 | Abu Dhabi Polymers Co Ltd (Borouge)
A Downstream Division of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Senior Procurement Specialist – at Dept of Supply Chain and Logistics, Contract Services & Outbound Division, Corporate Procurement Function.
2010-2013 Involved in Annual Shutdown Project to handle Procurement & logistics covered MRO materials, Services and Technical Project requirement. 2013-2015 handling Supply Chain and Packaging material as well as requirement for new product development Project.
- Managing Procurement interface with Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants and company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ensuring that all Procurement activities are executed in line with the Company process and procedures.
- Co-ordinate activities to ensure that Contracts and Purchases are delivered to meet required schedules.
- Developing and implementing the procurement and contracting strategy for all corporate procurement functions to meet the requirements of the appropriate stakeholders.
- Providing direction and ensuring high standards in Procurement & Contracts work and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Establish the development of Bidders List in conjunction stakeholders.
- Procurement Management process which includes strategy development, supplier qualification and selection of bidders.
- Ensuring compliance to tendering process from Request for Quotation, Bid receiving, Technical & Commercial Bid Opening and procurement management processes for all Contracts and Purchase Orders.
- Ensuring compliance to the recommendation for award (RFA) in accordance to Delegation of Authority (DOA) such as Procurement Committee, Owners (ADNOC & Borealis) & Petroleum Supreme Council Abu Dhabi and contract management processes for all Contracts and Purchase Orders.
- Awarding Contracts and Purchase Orders in Company SAP system and ensuring the distribution of Contracts & Purchase Orders as required.
- Participation in group category management activities where appropriate.
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly report to Borouge management and owners.
- Lead Procurement team members (junior procurement specialist, procurement specialist and logistics coordinator) that responsible for global sources of company’s requirements for maintenance and operations materials;
- Experience in managing team and frequently acting in Procurement Team Leader position during his leave and reported to Supply Chain and Logistics Dept. Manager.
- Assist and train new UAE National under Development Program.
CEO Award recipient in contribution of successful of Borouge Turnaround Project 2013.
Saving from negotiation with cost reduction approx. 5-10% from previous long term contract in 2014.
Handling high value contract totaling up to US$ 90 Million and achieved saving approx. up to US$ 2-3 Million in 2014-2015.
Nov 2006 – Apr 2010 | Qatar Fertilizer Company SAQ (QAFCO)
A Petrochemical Company of Qatar Petroleum (QP) Group, Qatar.
Purchase Officer – Material Repair and Operations (MRO) team at Purchase Section. Responsible for managing procurement for foreign purchase orders and logistics for QAFCO Plants (Urea, Ammonia, and Melamine products )
- Handling complete procurement cycle for purchase orders and contracts (preparation, negotiation, follow-up, etc) with terms and conditions which afford the company the fullest protection possible.
- Responsible to handle jobs and tasks in purchase and logistics of foreign purchase order to support company plant maintenance.
- Continually seek new qualified sources of goods and services by monitoring foreign and local market developments to achieve uninterrupted supply of the desired goods and services
- Analyze and evaluate offers by comparing prices, specifications, and delivery dates to effectively identify and propose award to the most competitive supplier.
- Control and monitor logistics including flow of materials, and information from suppliers to QAFCO
- Achieve significant saving cost per year by efficient purchasing and logistics consolidation
- Project Experiences as Procurement team:
– QAFCO Plant 3 Major Shutdown Project March,
– QAFCO Plant 1 Shutdown Project Dec, 2008.
– QAFCO Plant 2 Major Shutdown Project Nov,2008
Apr 2006 – Oct 2006 | Nippon Steel Construction Indonesia (NISCONI), Jakarta Indonesia.
Procurement and Logistics Officer – Engineering Procurement Construction Project. Responsible for Managing procurement for Oil & Gas Construction such as offshore platform project including logistics and supply material to the offshore locations such as Natuna and Borneo Islands Indonesia.
Feb 2003 – Aug 2005 | Stolt Offshore (PT.Komartim), Jakarta Indonesia.
Procurement and Logistics Officer – Pipeline Construction Project. Responsible for Managing procurement for Pipeline and subsea construction project including logistics and supply material to the offshore locations such as Sumatera and Borneo Islands Indonesia.
Jan 2000 – Jan 2003 | PT.BerlianLaju Tanker Tbk, Jakarta Indonesia
Marine Procurement Staff
Responsible for managing procurement spare parts and consumable of tanker ships requirement including purchasing from overseas country, monitor logistics via Singapore and distribute to all Indonesian domestic ports.
2013 – 2015 |MBA Management, Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University, United Kingdom.
The program provided competencies to work in oil and gas industry at senior and managerial level, covered : oil and gas management, oil and gas operations and project management, corporate finance in oil and gas industry, buiness development in oil and company.
1995-1999 | Bachelor of Marine Engineering,SepuluhNopember Institute of Technology (ITS), Surabaya Indonesia.
Marine Engineering ITS is one of center of education in marine and offshore technology. The program provided competencies in ship building design, offshore structure, ship propulsion and their machinery including marine gas turbine, design and layout of engine room, marine diesel, underwater work, and their maintenance.
2014 | Contract Risk Management and Compliance
2012 | Preparation of Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
2011 | Purchasing Techniques, Negotiation and Cost Reduction
COMPUTER AND IT SKILLS
Sophisticated user in Microsoft Office (Excel, Words, Power point, and Outlook)
Experienced working with ERP program Oracle JP Edward from 2007 to 2010
Experienced working with SAP program –Procurement Module from 2010 to 2015